Citizens Health is recruiting a help desk coordinator to work full-time in our IT department.
Our Mission: Enhancing the lives of those we serve.
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.
Location: 100 E College Ave, Colby, Kansas
Position Information: Provides general support for all associates. Assists in technical support for computer hardware and software for all Citizens Health associates and other entities outside the organization who require access to the internal network.
Responsible to the IT manager.
Days: Monday through Friday and weekly call rotation with three other associates
Hours: 8am through 5 pm
Pay Range: Starting at $14.05 and dependent upon experience.
What you’ll do:
- Provide general assistance to all associates.
- Manage the ticketing system from creation, workflow, assignments and reporting. Ensure items are getting completed and proper follow up is being communicated. Maintain documentation, complete knowledge base articles and build training documents when needed.
- Assist team in maintaining end-user equipment on the network including desktop computers, tablets, laptops, cabling and software. Responsible for all hardware inventory.
- Assist with software, network and EHR support on all new and existing users.
- Attend meetings, In-services and seminars as required and as requested.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table: (Minimum Requirements)
- Possess a passion for IT and providing exceptional customer service.
- Must have at least 1-3 years experience in a help desk environment.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a technology field is preferred
- Must have obtained one or more of the following certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Windows 7, Windows 8 (Willing to work around this depending on level of overall experience and a desire to obtain a certification. When hiring, candidates with formal training will have an advantage over those that do not.)
- Solid knowledge of Windows 7
- Background in working with workstations in a networked environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Understanding and knowledge of common software platforms such as MS Office
- Experience with Antivirus and Antispyware tools
- Working knowledge of basic networking principles including routers, firewalls, and switches
- Must have experience with a domain environment on the desktop level
- Must possess desire and ability to learn CMCI’s electronic health record software platforms
- Knowledge of network cabling configuration helpful.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with associates and medical staff.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
To be successful within our organization you will need to: (Preferred Requirements)
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Typical Working Conditions:
Subject to frequent interruptions. Limited exposure to the risk of blood borne disease. May be exposed to communicable disease. Able to work without constant supervision in the midst of distractions. Moderate to high stress. Must be able to work in small, constrictive areas. Ability to work with the public in ordinary and emergency situations. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Requires sitting approximately 50% of the time at a desk while answering the telephone, placing phone calls and working on various service desk tickets.
- Requires frequent walking from department to department.
- Requires repetitive motion of the hand and wrist approximately 50% of the time when working on PC’s, servers, terminals, printers, etc.
- Requires standing approximately 10% of the time.
- Normal hearing and vision with/without assistance.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to work on computer equipment at other facilities and to respond when on call.
- Works holidays and weekends as necessary. Rotates on-call with the other Information Systems personnel. Responds within 30 minutes at hospital/clinic/nursing home when on call.
- This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage - equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage - one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Other Benefits
- Paid time off (4 weeks)
- CME allowance
- Student Loan reimbursement
- Malpractice covered
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
Visit Us at: https://cmciks.com/
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.