Citizens Health is recruiting a Human Resources Director.
Our Mission: Enhancing the lives of those we serve.
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.
Location: 100 E College Ave, Colby, Kansas
The Human Resource Director provides leadership in the development and implementation of the Citizens Health human resource program. The Director provides leadership recognizing that the selection, mentoring and development of the workforce is one of a healthcare organization’s most important strategic leadership activities in the creation of success in one or more of its five critical business outcomes of customer loyalty, new customer acquisition, customer retention, market domination and profitability.
Days: Monday through Friday
Hours: 8am to 5 pm
Pay Range: Dependent upon experience.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for planning, development, evaluation, coordination and management of the comprehensive, quality-driven human resource management program. Work with the Chief Executive Officer to plan human resource initiatives that will benefit Citizens Health and encourage efficiencies and streamline HR processes for associates.
- Direct all hiring, training and evaluation procedures for new associates.
- Ensure continuous education of associates on Citizens Health policies (including sexual harassment, appropriate dress and social media permissions etc.).
- Ensure the associate handbook is updated , timely and current, at least annually.
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure the legal and effective administration of all Citizens Health associate benefits, health plans, and retirement plans etc.
- Assist Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s wage and salary programs.
- Organize, maintain and update all human resources activities to ensure continuous compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Continuously review and make recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer for improvements to Citizens Health human resource management policies, procedures and practices.
- Direct Citizens Health associate separation program and procedures.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Risk Manager in an effort to mitigate risk for situations where labor related issues could present and hurt the financial, operational and reputational health of Citizens Health.
- Coordinate the development of and monitor the approved annual operating budget for the human resource department.
- Ensure strong relationships are built and maintained throughout the organization with executive and department leadership, and associates.
- Complete other duties as assigned per organizational needs.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in a field related to human resource management or healthcare administration, 3 years of experience in healthcare human resources, 1 year of leadership experience
- Preferred: Master’s degree in human resources of business administration, 5 years in healthcare human resources, 3 years of leadership experience.
- Licenses and Certifications:
If applicant does not have certification, must be willing to obtain it within the first 6 months of employment
- Preferred: HRCI PHR or SPHR / SHRM CP or SHRM-SCP
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere
- Display integrity and accountability
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage - equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage - one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Other Benefits
- Paid time off
- Student loan reimbursement
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed
- Many More!
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.