Citizens Health is recruiting a leave and benefits specialist to work full-time in our Human Resources department.
Our Mission: Enhancing the lives of those we serve.
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.
Location: 100 E College Ave, Colby, Kansas
Position Information: Administering leave requests/accommodations and assisting with associate benefits and retirement plans.
Responsible to the Human Resources Manager
Days: Monday through Friday
Hours: 8am to 5 pm
Pay Range: Dependent upon experience.
What you’ll do:
Leave responsibilities and functions
- Process and administer all leaves of absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, disability, and FMLA
- Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as related to leaves of absence/disabilities.
- Communicate with associates regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensure that associates are aware of their responsibilities and requirements needed as part of the requested leave.
- Handles the leave processing from the initial notice of need to return to work. Process actions include gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Maintain reasonable communication with associates on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relays communication between associates and their department leaders during leave, within reason.
- Advise associates and department leaders on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off and other available benefits.
- Facilitate other leave requests, which may include accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable leave and accommodation laws including FMLA, ADA, state and local laws.
Benefit responsibilities and functions
- Serve as a contact for associates and plan vendors
- Coordinate and troubleshoot issues regarding various benefits with associates and vendors to ensure internal associate satisfaction.
- Audit benefit enrollments in the platform to ensure accuracy of data that will be send to vendors
- Assist with new hire and annual enrollment orientations
- Respond to benefit inquiries from all associates on plan provisions, benefit enrollment, status changes, and other general inquiries
- Assist with 401(k) inquiries
- Oversee maintenance of associate benefit files, maintain group benefit database, and update associate payroll records, as needed
- Complete other duties as assigned per organizational need
What you bring to the table:
- Required - High School Diploma/GED, 2 years of college, and 2 years of experience in human resources
- Preferred - Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Health Care Administration/Management, or other related field of study
- Preferred - PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP with specialized certification or training on FMLA/leave administration
- Excellent customer and personal service skills to include assessing needs, meeting standards of service, and evaluating satisfaction
- Knowledge of leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws
- Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable law
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere
- Display integrity and accountability
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage - equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage - one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Other Benefits
- Paid time off
- Student loan reimbursement
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed
- Many More!
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.